Tracking expenses & travel expenses
An expense is a payment you have made for a business-related purchase or a cost of operations that your company has incurred to generate revenues.
Heeros PSA/Small Business offers two types of expense tracking:
- Expenses – this includes all expenses and costs excluding travel expenses
- Travel expenses – The expenses that usually are related to business-purpose travel
Once expenses are created, you're able to directly reimburse them to your staff or integrate the payments to your accounting software. You can even include the expenses to a project's costs to later invoice them from your customers. Whether you're a sole proprietor or an SME, Heeros offers expense management to businesses of all sizes. Depending on your application version you are able to create and manage different expenses even without any limits. It's also possible to increase the number of expenses with an add-on to your current plan.
Remember to define the correct settings before you start creating expenses. Before starting, you should do the following:
- Add or edit payment types to suit your business and even define user-specific ones.
- Separate your expenses by using expense types – this way you'll stay on track with the expenses of your company. Read more
- Define currency rates, mileage rates and daily allowance rates. Read more
You can view all expense-related data and generate reports from the:
- Expenses list – Here you can view all of your company's expenses and their current statuses.
- Invoices dashboard – Scroll down to "Expenses Overview" to get a total view of your expenses, grouped by expense type. Read more